Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the best kind of lab block for rats?

Right now I feed them kaytee forti diet for rats, mice and hamsters but right now i dont think that its the best choice because the first ingredient is corn. What is the best kind of lab blcok out there for rats? What do you feed yours? I also make a homemade diet along with there lab blocks. So what is it??!!! Help!!!!!!!What is the best kind of lab block for rats?
Regal rat is really good but, I've never seen it in a store. Mazuri lab blocks are better then Kaytee and you can usually find them at the pet store.What is the best kind of lab block for rats?
I'm sorry, I forget what my lab blocks brand name is called, but I do believe that it doesn't matter much, as long as it is specially formulated for ratties. Get them off of the diet if it is suitable for other animals, you only want stuff that is specific to that animal. It would be like you eating dog food, just because it's food doesn't mean that it is suitable to others (even if it is labeled that way). Ask a pet shop worker what they feed their rats, and shop around. Good luck!
One that's easily found in pet stores is Mazuri. It's what my rats eat.





I also use Oxbow's Regal Rat, but I have to go to a special ''natural pet food'' store for that.





Harlan Teklad is good too, but I've never seen it available anywhere near me, so I'd have to order it online, and I haven't done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment