Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I show somebody that rats are nothing to be scared of?

I have 2 rats and they are the sweetest little guys. But my mother although she doesn't mind I have them, still is freaked out by them and their tails. I don't know why most people are. So my question is how can I persuade my mom that my rats don't bite and have great personalities?





Thanks! (And please, no rat-haters. Don't need them here)How can I show somebody that rats are nothing to be scared of?
the only thing i can advise is let you mum stroke the boys first to get there confidence the she hold them/ best way is to show them that ur not scared i have 3 boys the tails are nothing just there to help with blance nothing to be afraid off my 3 boys are use to me handling them. rats can smell fear in a person and they do get scared and if you do it right they will want to handle them more give them plenty of love and fuss and they will give fuss back in return make sure you give them loads of treats so your mum can feed them through the cage bars okto help her get use to them so if your mum wants to get one of your boys out she can do because they are use to her if i can help any more just contact meHow can I show somebody that rats are nothing to be scared of?
Hold them in front of her, pet them, rub under their chins, scratch behind their ears, and generally love on them. Get her to pet them. My mom always talked about the huge sewer rats she used to see as a child, and she always said how ugly their bare tails were, but after some time she got to like my rats, and would even take them out to pet/hold/play with them herself.





I also used to work at a pet store, and did the same thing with customers. I managed to convince quite a few people that they made great pets! They're so friendly and smart. Lots of people get pet hamsters, and in my opinion, hamsters are much nastier animals. Give me a rat any day!
While you take them out and are playing with them call your mom over and tell her to just pet one. After that and they didn't bite her say ';see, they are so friendly, now hold one.'; If she does then she will see that they're good pets and don't bit. If she doesn't try again later.





Good luck and have fun with your pets. (I gave that mean person a thumbs down =)
Hugh Man, go kill yourself!!! Rats are amazing animals, and have better brains than you!


They are loving to their owners, NEVER bite, and are very clever!


Ok ill admit, they aren't the prettiest of animals, but their not more scary than a stupid hamster! Actually no, less scary, because hamsters bite.





I don't know if it is possible to get people to like rats, when they're just too stubborn to realize how lovely they are.
Hugh man for one thing thats just not cool, dont waste ur time here, we all ADORE rats in this section





Anyways, I think what you should do too convince your mom to like rats


is just tell her the difference between sewer rats and pet rats





Have them chillax in ur pocket or on your shoulder, pet them have her see that they are harmless (though some do bite, like mine bites people he doesnt like its kinda funny =P)





But really just go slow dont force ur mom to do anything she's uncomfertable with, go slow and maybe show her some pictures of the cutest rats in the world (i'll give you i link to see mine hehe)





I love rats and so does my mom, i grew up learning rats where sweet gentle animals... and its the truth!





I just hope you can show your mom what great animals they are!





here are pics of mine





http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf鈥?/a>





Put this in the website bar and see my ratties!!
1. Let them handle the rat.


2. If she doesn't want to you hold them you hold them and pet them infront of her.


3. Watch home alone 3. Doris is a great rat in that film that saves the boy from the criminals.
Get the rat out and hold it,pet it too.And that will show tem there's nothing to be afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment