Friday, February 12, 2010

Why are Rats or Mice attracted to Attics on roofs ?

At Night I sometimes hear scratching inside my roof, not sure if its Rats or Mice, and sometimes I hear it or them squeal, also sometimes I hear them run around inside my walls.





So wondering why they are going in the roof, are they trying to get in my house? And I wonder why they are attracted to my roof when I know there is no food up there.Why are Rats or Mice attracted to Attics on roofs ?
It is not the food that attracts them, it is the fact that you and your cat are not there.


Entry takes the longest and is the most dangerous.


Once in the walls they can multiply and attack the food source at will and at random when you are asleep or not at home.


The have instincts that God gave them to outsmart you.Why are Rats or Mice attracted to Attics on roofs ?
It might be raccoons because we had a problem like that before. The reason they like it is because they use the fiberglass thats instalating your house for making beds. Because they have such thick fur the fiber glass dosent make them ichy. They find food on their own and then come store it in your attic. The attic also protects them from bad stormy weather. Racoons make high pich squeal sounds too. To check if you have coons circle your house to see if you have any holes in the siding or panels. the coons at my house got in from rotten siding by the chimny. They are a hassle to shoo away.





Hope you dont have coons. : )
well i am no animal genious but they like it up there cause some of your houses AC/HEATED air is getting up there which makes the rats cooler or warmer i suggest you call a person who takes care of these kinds of problems. for now u should keep windows open for cool air and close them and put ur heater hot enough to heat your body this way you can cut off some of thier warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment