Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I prepare squash for my rats?

I feel really stupid right now but I don't want to give it to them and make them sick! I got a Summer squash for them and I'm not sure if I should just cut it up or cook it somehow? Please let me know, I'd like to give them some tonight. lol


btw, I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to rats, but food preparation is another thing entirely! ^_^How do I prepare squash for my rats?
Chop it into chunks.


Rats will eat everything.How do I prepare squash for my rats?
A whole squash? That's too much. Unless you have a whole pile of rats!





I'd give one rat a 1/4 cup of fresh veg/fruit once in a while. Too much will give them diarrhea. I'd peel it, boil it, cut it into cubes and give them each their portion.





As a general rule, rats can eat anything humans eat. If you would want to boil the squash before you eat it, they would like it boiled too. Just don't let them have too much, rats get tummy aches too!
Rats like to eat raw foods, so cut up some of the squash and let them have at it

No comments:

Post a Comment