Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is the best shampoo for white rats?

I have two white rats and lately their fur has been looking a little yellow-ish.I was just curious if anyone knows a good rat shampoo.I was using a general small animal shampoo but it's just not working.What is the best shampoo for white rats?
use a tearless baby or puppy shampoo. rats don't stay still that way it won't irritate if it gets in their eyes.





i usually put some warm water in the tub and put a little shampoo... and lather them up and let them run around the tub for a while.. then do a quick rinse under the sinkWhat is the best shampoo for white rats?
actually if you would like to see a video i have a cute one of my rats in the tub, when they were babies.. all 10 of them. just message me.

Report Abuse



why in the world would u want 2 shampoo a rat....... he could probably use dog shampoo
maybe washing up liquid sounds silly but it should work =] just make sure there is no nasty chemicals in it though so check the bottle
Good luck on that. I have a male Hooded, and his white is yellowish. If your rats are males, then it's just the natural oils causing the discoloration, and there isn't much you can do about it.





I bathe my female rats in Johnson %26amp; Johnson baby shampoo (Or regular Dawn), and they do not have any discoloration of the white/cream colors they are.
When I had rats, I used TropiClean brand on them. These are all natural shampoos, so they are expensive, but they come in pretty big bottles so if you only have rats, it'll last forever. I think they are very much worth the money you spend on them. I used TropiClean for my Labrador who had severe skin issues and regular shampoo irritated him, I used it on my ferrets and my rats. I still use it for my Shiba Inu even though he doesn't have skin issues, they're just great. They smell WONDERFUL. The kind you'd want to use on your rats, that I used on my albino ferret, is called Awapuhi White. It smells sort of bubble-gummy. It's a whitening shampoo, but again it's all natural so it's safe for your babies. You should be able to find the full range of TropiClean products at any pet supply store. They also have great-smelling deodorizing sprays. My favorite is Peach Kava. Mmmm.. Hope that helps! :)
  • web hosting talk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment