Friday, February 12, 2010

How can I get my mother to accept pet rats?

I want two pet rats, but my mother refuses due to the simple fact its a rat. Shes told me I can get a ferret, a chinchilla, ect. I have reasons for not wanting a ferret (I want something kept in my room, a ferret would smell much to badly.) and I want something that doesnt mind just cuddling into a blanket and chilling.


How can i try to make her not 'fear' or hate rats or whatever her hang up on them is? I've taken her to the petstore and let her see the big, and baby rats, and she still says no to them.





What should I do?How can I get my mother to accept pet rats?
Maybe show her some rat websites. The creators usually have a page or paragraph on their experiences with rats and why they make good pets. Also, let her know that she doesn't have to go near them or hold them if she doesn't want to, and the cage will stay in your room. Whenever you go into a room holding the rats, give her fair warning so she isn't startled.





(It took me ages to convince my mother, but now that she's met the little guys, she loves them ^^)How can I get my mother to accept pet rats?
I had the exact same problem with my mom. i took her to the pet store. she held one, play with it and she LOVED it! take ur mom to a pet store. it oughta do it

Report Abuse



Ask her why she doesn't want you to get a rat. Try to figure something out with her but if she still says no then don't try to beg for one just accept it. When you're an adult you can get one if you still want to.
What I would do is put one in bed with her while shes sleeping! LOL J/K





They actually say that they make good pets, you should do the research to prove it and then show her the outcome.
theres no way moms hate rats
It's her house. If she says no rats, then no rats. Once you get a job, and start paying some bills, bring it up again. Until then, just do as she says. She's your mother, not a doormat.

No comments:

Post a Comment