Sunday, February 7, 2010

Approximately how much do two pet rats cost in dollars yearly?

If you can't decide on a number, please give an average or what your rats cost you yearly!


Thank you for your time and effort!Approximately how much do two pet rats cost in dollars yearly?
I know exactly! I have had rats and they are the most amazing pets! The rat itself is at least $10. Depending on how nice the cage, it can have a pretty big range. My cage was $60, but my was 3 stories for my rats to run up and down. You can just get cheap $20 dollar ones too. And then litter and food average to be about $40. But it still depends on the size. I suggest to get the biggest size of bedding. That way you run out after like 2 years! So yearly, it would cost about $40. But up front, in total it would be between $70-$130! I hope this helps!





By the way, i suggest a girl rat. They don't mark their territory and arent as aggressive!Approximately how much do two pet rats cost in dollars yearly?
well depending on how you want to manage your rat it could cot you anywhere from 20 bucks a year to 300 bucks a year i my self spend 350 each year apromatly because i feed my 2 rats high quality rat food they get new toys every week and at least 2 new cages a year so they aren't stuck with the old ones after 6 months then i take my cages and give them to the local animal shelter if they want them so rats can be as cheap or expnsive as you want them to be
Ours:


3 buck rats (about 6 weeks old) = 拢17


very nice cage = 拢90


bedding (advertised as horse bedding, but it's good) = 拢12.50 for the year


food = 拢24, but we tend to give them suitable scraps from our table too. Avoid too much protein etc (ask a vet).





total = 拢143.50 or $283


Yearly would be $71, after initial outlay.





They're lovely, not at all ugly and they are affectionate.
Start up cost:


RATS: $10 each at a store, $20 each at a shelter or breeder


CAGE: $50 - $200 (my rats' nice new cage cost $130 CAN. It's a ferret cage large enough for six rats.)


VET: $20 - $80


STUFF: $10 - $50 (bowl, hammocks, houses, igloos, hide-out places, bottle, carry-bag, etc)





Every Three Months:


FOOD: $5 - $10


BEDDING: $15 - $20





Every Year:


VET: $20 - $80








Total it up. =) This is all in Canadian dollars, and use rough numbers.
My rats cost me about...$80 yearly (if you add the occasional vet visit, about $110 or so). Mostly bedding, food, and yogurt treats are what I have to buy.
Well, there's the food costs, clean cage costs, allowances, weekly entertainment costs (you know, hiring a couple of female rat-strippers to come in and entertain the fellas), bar tabs, meals, travel expenses, hotels, (nice one down by the wharf, cozy rooms, all bills paid, with a view of the docks), medical insurance, life insurance, workmenscomp, etc), then you also have to take into consideration vehicle costs, fuel costs (so they don't feel confined and can get out and run around a little, especially on rat-night Sundays)





I guess you are probably looking at the amount in USD $50.00 per rat per year, that is of course if they are not union connected rats, they probably belong to that union called ';Rats r Us';, out of Philly, then their union dues would be extra, of course.





Rats are highly intelligent and very clever, I had a bunch of them living in the attic of a old house I purchased and used to spend hours watching them.
$1000000


Edit: No, it really was a million dollars. My rat was actually kidnapped and I had to pay a large sum of money to get him back, honest. No sarcasm.
probley not very much why would you want them they look ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment