Friday, February 12, 2010

Why are my rats nodding their heads side to side?

I recently adopted 3 rats and I give them regular playtime with me daily. Sometime during that playtime, I'll find one of them standing still for a few minutes, nodding their head from side to side. It looks like they are spacing out. Is this something that I should be worried about?Why are my rats nodding their heads side to side?
Is your rat a white rat, or have reddish eyes? Many animals who have red eyes do this, it's called 'weaving' or 'scanning'. The current theory for this behavior is that they have trouble distinguishing shadows, and will weave back and forth to try and bring things into perspective.





He may also just have an ear infection, so you may want to check his ear and get him to a vet.Why are my rats nodding their heads side to side?
They're conspiring to slip out after midnight so they can secretly let all their hundreds of wild rat cousins in and then attack and devour you and your family as you sleep.





Well, what sort of answer DID you expect? They're just being rats, doh...

No comments:

Post a Comment