Sunday, February 7, 2010

When can I feed my baby rats solid food?

I have a new litter, not quite 2 weeks old. They occasionally nibble on my finger. Does that mean they are ready for a little bit of solid food? Or should I still wait?When can I feed my baby rats solid food?
the mom will wean the babies off of her around 4 weeks. which is when the brothers and sisters need to be sparated anyways. i wouldn't suggest giving them treats or lunch meat. i would let the mom take care of them for now, and when they're around 4 weeks... then introduce solid foods. i actually have two babies right now, as well as two one and half year old ratties. the two new boys i have are 4 weeks old, and nibble on my finger. i think that they're looking for their mother's nipple still. you can give the babies plain cherrios soaked in goats/soy milk or bread soaked in the milk also. they would enjoy that as a treat.





good luck with the babies! (:When can I feed my baby rats solid food?
The mother will wean her babies all by herself. You don't need to do anything.
Let Momma rat do her thing. When her babies are ready she will show them to eat solid food. There is not a thing you need to do to help her!!
the mom will show them how just wait ok
sh it

No comments:

Post a Comment