Friday, February 12, 2010

Can you feed rats regular yogurt chips like you buy in a health food store?

I keep reading about people feeding their rats yogurt drops as a treat. Wondering if there is a special kind I need to buy or if I can buy the kinds from the bin in the health food store.Can you feed rats regular yogurt chips like you buy in a health food store?
You can feed one or two a day, but not too much. It wont hurt them its just not that great for them, Great treat tho!Can you feed rats regular yogurt chips like you buy in a health food store?
rats can eat just about anything, except meats and sugars and a few other things. i have had rats for years and i have always fed them table scraps. of course i feed them nutrient rich pellets as their main diet. i have had a number of my rats live to be over 5 years old. i never really thought that was old for rats, i just assumed that was normal, but reading around on the internet and friends experiences, most rats live only to between 3 and 4 so whatever people say about not feeding rats table scraps that often, well it has worked for me so im not changing. so im sure you can feed them yogurt chips you buy from a health food store
Yes, you can. They love yogurt, and just about anything they don't get on a daily basis. I would recommend Yogurt Drops... I get them from Petsmart. They can have lots of foods, you just have to be careful and maybe do some research before you try giving them some new foods. Here are some things I give my rats:


lettuce (NO ICE BURG LETTUCE!!)


carrots


yogurt/yogurt drops


bananas


grapes


cheese hope i helped ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment