Friday, February 12, 2010

What are some cheap wall insulation materials that mice, rats, and rodents are less likely to nest it?

I plan to build a wall under my enclosed porch to keep the wind out and any heat in to help keep the heat in the porch. It's going to be at least 8 inches thick and I am considering fiberglass and foam-board.What are some cheap wall insulation materials that mice, rats, and rodents are less likely to nest it?
mice like fiberglass too. Seriously, I can guarentee you that mice (and my brothers hamster) both nest in fiberglass insulation. I would think maybe styrofoam, but i'm just a dumb blonde bimbo.What are some cheap wall insulation materials that mice, rats, and rodents are less likely to nest it?
Blanket insulation鈥攖he most common and widely available type of insulation鈥攃omes in the form of batts or rolls. It consists of flexible fibers, most commonly fiberglass. You also can find batts and rolls made from mineral (rock and slag) wool, plastic fibers, and natural fibers, such as cotton and sheep鈥檚 wool.
Well, if I were a rat, I preferred the foam-board.

No comments:

Post a Comment