Sunday, February 7, 2010

What do you guys feed your rats when you want them to gain more weight?

Lately one of my rats has lost weight and the rest are ok. Shes one of my oldest rats so shes losing food from having it stolen. What should I feed her to help her get her weight back?What do you guys feed your rats when you want them to gain more weight?
We adopted an abused rat who was particley starving. We fattened him up by feeding him lemon short bread cookies and taking his wheel out of his cage for a week.What do you guys feed your rats when you want them to gain more weight?
Ensure! When my oldies start loosing weight I give them Ensure a few times a day. They LOVE the taste and it really helps them keep on the weight.





You could also try feeding her separately if that's possible.





I also have fed them mashed potatoes (NO butter, salt or pepper)


Bits of meat (not too often because of all the protein)


Bread


Pastas


Anything high in carbs
Well, make sure food is available all the time. Check her teeth to make sure they aren't overgrown.


Some fatty foods-


avocado (NO skin or pit)


meat


fatty people food, like McDonalds :P

No comments:

Post a Comment