Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it good to take my rats with me when visiting friends?

I have too many rats to give them the attention they need. So when I go out I take at least one rat with me to play with when traveling. The reaction of the public has been good but a lady friend was a bit upset when I let a rat run about in her kitchen.Is it good to take my rats with me when visiting friends?
A lot of people don't understand what wonderful pets rats are. They are clever, affectionate and quite fun. However, because they are always the dirty nasty prelude to an attack in the sewers in the movies, people seem to think that they're scary. So take your rat friends out in public cautiously. Also, make sure your friends aren't going to have a cat who wants to ';play'; with your rat first.Is it good to take my rats with me when visiting friends?
As long as your friends agree I can't see any harm in it. People who have never owned domestic rats don't know how attached they can be to their owner and they can be as affectionate as your pet dog or cat.
If your rats do not seem stressed out, it may appreciate the change of scenery. Make sure you keep an eye on it though, there are probably diseases it could pick up if you let it wander too much.





Even if its OK for the rats, it is VERY rude to bring an animal into someone house without permission, and ask before letting it loose in their kitchen!!! You may be more comfortable with someone bringing animals into your house/ room unannounced, but you should respect peoples wishes if they are being nice enough to allow you into their home. Many people are scared of rats or are allergic. Even if they just don't like animals, its their right to decide what living things can go into their house. Call ahead of time and only bring it if they say its OK. Make sure its OK with the homeowner especially, and other people in the household. Establish whether or not they expect it to stay in its cage, and where it is allowed to go. Many people don't let any animals in their kitchen, even if they own pets themselves. Their house, their rules.





I know you won't want to hear this, but if you can't care for you pets because there are too many, get rid of some. If you feel they aren't getting enough attention, why continue to take them in? I understand getting rid of them may not be realistic, but at least don't get anymore until you know you can handle any new ones you get.





ADDITION: This applies to any animal, it is not just because rats have bad reputations. I would still consider it rude to bring a dog, cat, or any kind of animal into someones home without being sure that they are OK with it.
I think its great that you bring your rats with you, it seems like people that have never had the chance to own rats or know someone who does, have a unfounded bias against them. They consider them to be dirty and gross, even though they are actually very clean and intelligent animals. The only thing though, is that I would not bring them into anyones house unless I got there permission first. That is not because its a rat, that should go for any animal. Some people just dont like animals and its there right not to have them in there house if they dont want to. They should always have the choice in there own house. Other then that, I think its great that you bring your rat out with you.
If anyone knowingly brought a rat into my house, I would probably lose my rag in a major way. I'm sorry, but I think they are disgusting creatures.
leave them at friends would be good for you
i wouldnt take your rats to others houses unless you are allowed but i take my hamster to my friends houses all the time and he enjoys leaving my house every once in a while so i would think it would be ok
Yes, its always a good idea to take rats to friends and families abodes.
ah, is ur friend a girly type or boy. but, if its a girl, no
uuh gross..


i think no one wuld wnna see yuhr rat not to be offnsive tho but its yuh decisiion
Don't do it dude! They may tell on your bad habits!
no. thats gross

No comments:

Post a Comment